Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Just Go Along With The Plan

Most people have their whole lives planned out.  They know what college they want to attend, when they want to get get married, how many children they want to have, where they want live, what career path they want to follow etc. etc. etc.  The list goes on and on.  I am no different.  I had it all figured out. But, nothing has gone according to plan.  I've never been married. I'm a single parent.  All the education and work experience I have has not gotten me the positions I really want (now it's working against me).  I'm not where I want to be financially.  I am unemployed again for the third time since 2005.  My my health isn't good either due to a chronic illness with no cure (nothing serious or life threatening).  I'll talk more about this in a future post.  Everything seems to be off track..

I recently was telling a friend that I was extremely disillusioned about my life and that I didn't understand why all this was happening.  My friend asked me if I had considered the possibility that everything that I'm going through is all part of God's plan for my life.  His question stopped me in my tracks.  He went on to say  that I needed to stop focusing on what my plan is and spend more time with GOD so that I can LEARN, TRUST, and FOLLOW what HIS plan for my life is.  How profound is that?  He gave me whole new perspective about my life.  There are blessings waiting for me at the end of all of this turmoil and upheaval.  

I say all of that to say this: Maybe your life plans are falling through because they're not God's plans.  It's something to think about.  Here is something else to think about.  With out the TEST there is no TESTimony.

No comments:

Post a Comment