Saturday, February 11, 2012

Good Deeds

One day I Went to McDonalds (drive thru) and was given back $10.00 too much in change. My first thought Yeah!!! More money for me. Then I heard my conscious say "that's stealing". I parked the car, went inside with my receipt and told the manager that I received too much change. He and the other employees were shocked that I returned the money. I said keeping the money would have caused someones drawer to be short and possibly someone getting written up or fired and that wouldn't be right. Doing the wrong thing is easy, but doing the right thing takes a little effort and results in blessings later on.

A few months ago I was grocery shopping.  A woman stopped me and asked me to help her with her shopping.  She explained that she was legally blind and that her helper was unavailable today.  I told her that I would be happy to help her.  She handed me her list and we proceeded to take of her shopping.  She was so appreciative. She tried to pay me for helping her.  I refused. I told her that if I were in her position I would want someone to take the time to help me. She hugged me and told me that I was a blessing.  She asked me what my name was and told me that she was going to pray that God would pour blessing into my life.  I was so touched that I almost cried.  She tanked me again and went to check out.  I just stood in the middle of the store in awe of how good my heart felt.  I eventually came to my senses and finished my shopping with a huge smile on my face and on my heart.

I encourage you to do a good deed for someone.  It's good for your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment