Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Not Seeing Is Believing

So, I'm almost 42, never been married, and a single parent.  People who know me and know me well, don't understand why I'm still single.  Frankly, neither do I.  After all, I'm intelligent, kindhearted, devoted, loving, etc.  With all of that going for me I should be at least 10 years into a marriage.  According to some unsupported statistics, I have a better chance of being killed by a terrorist than  getting married at my age.  I disagree.

I used to think that there was something wrong with me when relationships didn't work out.  Then I came to realize that there was nothing wrong with me or the men I was in relationships with.  We just simply came into each others lives for a reason and a season and to learn a lesson from the experience.

I believe that I will get married one day, just not on my time table.  I believe in God and that He has a plan for me concerning marriage.  The Bible Says: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future-Jeremiah 29:11.  My hope is that there is a husband in my future. I also have faith in God's plan for me concerning my future husband.  According to Hebrews 11:1 faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.  

Because I have faith, I know that I will get married and have an amazing marriage with my husband.  Out of that faith, I have already planned my wedding and keep those plans in a binder.  My vows are written. I know what kind of dress I want to wear.  I know what song I will walk down the isle to.  I have sketched my wedding cake.  I will be prepared when he (whoever he is) asks me to be his wife.  Most importantly, I see my life the day after I say my vows. The day after my wedding I see myself loving and submitting to my husband. I see myself doing all the things that make him happy and in love with me. I see my husband loving me, cherishing me, providing for me and leading our marriage.  I can see all of this because I walk by faith not by sight.

I have a question for you if you have doubts that you'll get married.  Where is your faith?  

No comments:

Post a Comment