Saturday, June 16, 2012

A Return to the Fun Me

Last night, Friday, I was home and in the bed by 10:30.  My son had gone to bed already and was sound asleep.  The house oddly quiet.  I was bored and restless.  Nothing was holding my attention except writing this blog and Antiques Roadshow.

It wasn't that long ago that at this time of night I would I would be putting on my jet black stockings, my little black dress and my favorite black high heels for a night out with friends and sometimes by myself.  What happened to all that?  When did I become a fuddy duddy?  When did going to bed become the highlight of my day?  Did I get get old, boring or both?  That's a horrifying thought considering I'm only 41.

I'm remembering a time when my favorite person to hang out with was me.  I really used to enjoy my own company.  Not that I don't enjoy the company of others.  If my friends were busy or just didn't want to go out, I wasn't about to sit at home and twiddle my thumbs.  So, I would take myself to the movies, dinner, concerts and go on day trips. I even bought myself flowers every week.  When did I stop enjoying spending time with me?  When did I start neglecting me and why didn't I notice?

It's time to show me a some attention.  So, I will start taking myself out on a regular basis and start doing the things I enjoy again.  I will take the time to get reacquainted with myself and have some new experiences.  Along the way I may meet some new people and build new friendships. I think I'll start next weekend. Maybe I'll see you where ever I end up going.


These are my new favorite high heeled shoes.
Image Detail
This will be my new little black dress

No comments:

Post a Comment