Sunday, October 7, 2012

Healing Waters

I recently took a much needed vacation. I went on my first cruise. This was my first vacation in a long time that didn't involve being with family.  I was however with my Cullen's Corner Family (Cullen, Paulette, Dee, Nikki and Lamont).
I really needed this trip because I felt like I was headed for a nervous breakdown.  Everything was falling down around my head and I couldn't make it stop.  I almost couldn't go on the cruise at the last minute because of a financial crisis that popped up out of nowhere.  My Corner Family calmed my nerves and said "We got you.  Nothing is going to stop you from going on this cruise".   So I stepped out on faith and went anyway.
While on the cruise I saw such beauty in the color of the the ocean.  I had never seen anything that blue and clear in my life.  It was further confirmation to me that there is a God and he created that shade of blue.  I knew that I wanted and needed to experience ocean with all of my senses.
I went to the beach in the Caymans and saw the blue of the ocean up close and it was even more beautiful than I thought it was. I got in the water and let it surround me and wash over me. It felt like a new baptism because all my stress, anxiety, fears and insecurities were drowned in the ocean. The sound of waves spoke to me and said that I would never be the same because my new beginning had arrived. I even tasted the salt on my skin which made me realize that what I was experiencing in that moment was real and not a figment of my imagination.

I laid on my back and just floated. I immersed myself in the sights, sounds, taste and feel of the ocean and knew I had been healed on an emotional and spiritual level. The old me drowned in the ocean that day and the new me was resurrected in her place.
I am eternally thankful for this experience because without it I would have never gotten the breakthrough, healing, revelations and clarity that I desperately needed.  It was an experience that I will never forget or take for granted.
Healing Waters

No comments:

Post a Comment